Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tuesday of Holy Week



“As I carry this cross, You'll carry me.” – Carry Me by Audrey Assad

After Palm Sunday mass I felt called to reflect about what cross I am carrying with Jesus this Lent. Every day, week, month, year we have a different cross. Sometimes it is large and burdensome, other times it is smaller and we are able to manage. Regardless of size, God is there. It has been said to me that in the moments when we feel most lonely and abandoned, God is nearest. Take a moment and really reflect on this. In those moments when we feel farthest from anything or anyone, God remains. We are unaware, but God has put his arms around us and he simply waits for us to feel his embrace. When we do an indescribable warmth rushes into our souls and we are found again. We pick up the cross with newfound strength and God carries us the rest of the way. All we need to do is say, “Jesus I trust in you.” So, go and pick up your cross and know He will carry you.
- Stephanie B. ‘14

No comments:

Post a Comment