Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday of the Third Week of Lent

Early this week I got an email for BP in University Ministries about a virtual Stations of the Cross series called, “Busted Halo.” It’s available on YouTube and I have been watching one or two, or three stations a day, in between classes for some personal prayer time. Since I was really struggling for an idea for this week’s reflection, I turned to the series to find some inspiration. I found a lot of inspiration in the 6th station where Veronica Wipes the Face of Jesus. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JaG9L8gzj4
In the video reflection it talks about how Veronica eases Jesus’ burden of carrying His cross. Her simple gesture of kindness, wiping the blood, sweat, dust, and perhaps tears from Jesus’ face is all that she can do to help Jesus’ suffering. We, too, are called to help other people as they carry their crosses in life, whether it be problems at home, struggles with their homework, or a lack of self-love, or whatever. We can like Veronica wipe the sweat from their foreheads, offer a friendly smile, and go out of our way to help ease their suffering.
Take a moment and think of someone carrying a heavy cross in your life.
Whether it’s a parent, a sibling, a grandparent, a friend, or a stranger you see in the DeNaples or on the Commons every day, how can you help ease their burden today?
Pray about it. Below are the lyrics to one of my favorite Church hymns, the Summons (Check it out on YouTube!). Hope you can pray and enjoy the lyrics.
Lord your summons echoes true when you but call my name.
Let me turn and follow you and never be the same.
In Your company I'll go where Your love and footsteps show.
Thus I'll move and live and grow in you and you in me.


Ciro ‘14

No comments:

Post a Comment