Friday, February 15, 2013

Friday After Ash Wednesday

Lenten Reflection for Friday 2-15-13
                It’s Lent again! I used to dread Lent because who honestly really looks forward to going to Reconciliation and fasting? However, as I got older and my faith life developed, I saw Lent for what it really is, an opportunity to draw closer to God again. It’s normal that we drift from God and that’s why the Church gives us this season to draw back to Him. For the next few weeks we can rebuild our relationship with Jesus Christ and experience His Amazing Grace.
                        To tie in the Gospel for tomorrow (Lk 5:27-32):
Jesus saw a tax collector named Levi sitting at the customs post.
He said to him, “Follow me.”
And leaving everything behind, he got up and followed him.
Then Levi gave a great banquet for him in his house        .
                Today and for the rest of Lent, let’s be like Levi the tax collector, who sees Jesus, follows him, and throws Jesus a great banquet in his house. Our great banquet doesn’t need other invitees. It can be just us and Jesus, a time to draw closer to Jesus again with our present of PRESENCE and our prayer. As we heard in the Ash Wednesday mass, when we pray, we should go into our rooms, close the door, and pray to our Father in secret. 
                As a person who loves music, my favorite way to pray, especially during Lent, is to listen to great Christian music (with Lenten themes), with my eyes closed, relaxed, while praying the words, being present to God. It’s a beautiful experience, especially when you start to feel tear drops falling down your face.
                For those reading this blog, I share with you Josh Wilson. His rendition of Amazing Grace is truly amazing! Feel free to listen to these songs (see below) and pray today, in your room, with the door shut, with Jesus. Pray the words. Let the tears flow. Let the wounds heal. For however long you like. If you feel so inclined, look for other music to pray with.
 “I Refuse” by Josh Wilson (lyrics)
'Cause I don't want to live like I don't care
I don't want to say another empty prayer
Oh I refuse
Oh I refuse.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib4IK88vNo4   (Amazing Grace-Josh Wilson)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUFDGKDjiXI  (It is Well-Josh Wilson)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B1Lv8k5pEc   (I Refuse-Josh Wilson)
Till next week. Your friend and brother from the University of Scranton in Puebla, México,
Ciro, Class of 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment