Saturday, February 23, 2013

Saturday of First Week of Lent


In the Friday’s Gospel, we heard Jesus ask His followers who He is. Peter gets the right answer when he says, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
Although we do not see Jesus in the flesh in a typical day, and He does not specifically ask us who He is, our actions tell the world who Jesus is. Many people are wondering about God, so it’s important to consider what we’re saying.
As Christian college students, I think we are in a unique position to answer the question “Who is God?” by our actions. Today, rumors swirl about who God is and what he expects of us. Various organizations and denominations claim that they have the right answer, and these “answers” are the only excuse some people need to stop believing altogether. For this reason, it is vital for us to live for the God that we know and love and show the world who He is. God welcomes everyone, accepts everyone, forgives everyone, and loves everyone. In our daily lives, we can best show the world who God is by doing these same things. Do I welcome people into my life? Do I accept everyone despite their differences? Do I forgive people? Do I love?
Saint Francis of Assisi is attributed with the following advice, which I find to be especially helpful when I don’t know how to serve God in my daily interactions:
“Preach the Gospel at all times, and when, necessary use words.”
 
Finally, a quick song from Carrie Underwood about who God is… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM5f6ym7D5k
Laura '15

No comments:

Post a Comment