Wednesday, March 16, 2011

First Week of Lent: Thursday


Lent is one of my favorite times of year. I love Lent because it is so personal. For me, Lent is about picking up, looking in “the mirror of my life” and figuring out how and what I can do to improve.
I find in Lent particularly, there are so many opportunities for grace. It is a time to realize that there is Love absolutely unimaginable yet completely real that sacrificed His only Son for me. It was personal; Jesus died for me. He loves me… even with all of my many imperfections. Sometimes it is hard to remember this, especially when we are taking extra care to recognize our faults and correct them. The challenge comes in accepting that we are imperfect, but still loved.
So like the Gospel for today says, “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.” This Lent let us take the time to ask, knock, and seek because God is waiting to answer.
-  Alyssa T.

No comments:

Post a Comment