Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Third Week of Lent: Tuesday


IMAGINE you were the last person left on planet Earth. This would be quite a sad existence. Yeah, no one would be around to bother you or threaten your survival, but the truth is, we NEED each other. We are all in this together.

Before spring break I was fortunate to catch Fr. Rick’s showing of The Human Experience (if you have not yet seen it, please look out for the next showing! You won’t regret it.) This is a remarkable documentary about some young guys seeking wisdom and meaning of life. I often ask myself and my roommate after a long day of school, “Kev, at the end of the day, what is life all about?” After I saw the documentary, I learned it is all about each other.

My favorite part of the documentary was when the young men visit the leper colonies of Ghana, Africa. Even though the lepers are suffering greatly from the disease, they are no more different than you and I. “They have more differences than similarities to us, but we do share one thing, and that is humanity.”

We have a great community here at Scranton. Let us today thank God for the companionship, and the human experience we share. And as we go through our Lenten transformation and approach the victorious Easter celebration, let us walk side by side, hand in hand, as human sisters and brothers.

- Ciro S. ‘14

No comments:

Post a Comment