Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Fourth Week of Lent: Tuesday

Hi Everyone!
            On this rainy day of Lent, it’s the perfect day to curl up with a good book. So how about making that book the Bible?
            As part of my Lenten promise I have been reading the bible each day. This is having a big impact on my faith. In each passage, God has more and more to tell me. Whether it’s about how to live my life, how I relate to Him or about who God is. Old Testament stories that at first seemed overwhelming show God’s role throughout history. God always seems to know exactly what I need to hear each day and always has something new.
            A certain passage that is one of my favorites is perfect to keep in mind during the season of Lent. Micah 6:8 says “What does the Lord require of you but to do justice, love kindness and to walk humbly with your God.”
When I read this passage I think of these things:
Do Justice- we can perform service and volunteer. We can put others before ourselves with all of the people around us. And do small things every day to work towards peace.
Love Kindness-We can think about Love in our lives. How do we show our love for others? Do we respond to everyone we meet with love?
Walk Humbly with God- Do we have humility with others and with God? Anywhere we may walk, anything we may walk through do we let God into? I have this last phrase tattooed on my foot as a constant reminder of what we’re called to do.
            I hope this Lent will allow you to grow closer to God and find Him in everything you do. My suggestion is including some readings from scripture.
-Lauren G. 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment