Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday of Fourth Week of Lent


“Do you trust me?” Aladdin asked Jasmine before she flew off with him on the magic carpet. We are asked this same question by so many in our day to day lives.

A friendship growing closer or just beginning makes you wonder if you trust that person or not. Do you trust that person with who you really are?  Do I trust them to be there for me? Sometimes the answer is no and we close up. Whether this is good or not-only you and God can decide. Or we can open up and be a little vulnerable without knowing if great things or painful experiences will come of it.

We have to ask ourselves this same question. Do I trust my abilities to do the right thing? Do I believe I can make the right choice? I find that being a difficult question to answer. Sometimes I want to say yes, others no. At the end of the day, can you stick by what you believe?

Lastly, do we trust God? We can get so caught up in our own perspective without realizing that He sees it all. While we’re anxious and worried, He has the ending in His hands. While I would love it if God showed me all the answers, I constantly have to remind myself that things will happen in His time. I’ll ‘figure out my life.’ I’ll be who I want to be, etc. With a bit of patience and a lot of trust, I can take some comfort knowing that He’s guide me through.

So during Lent, try saying Yes to God’s question and take a ‘magic carpet ride’ with Him. We might not know where exactly we’re going, but trusting in Him may just take us to a whole new world we would have never imagined.

-Lauren G.
 Class of 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment