Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tuesday of the Second Week Lent

Some days I feel like I do not have a cross to carry.  I am here at a wonderful university; I have an amazingly supportive family, great friends, and wonderful opportunities.  I see suffering in others more often then I see it in myself.   I then find myself reflecting, wondering why others suffer so great.  The majority of the time we only focus on ourselves. Yet, we forget to acknowledge the One who truly carries the brunt of the cross.  Sometimes we would rather ask “why me? Why did this happen?  Why was so and so involved?”  Instead we should ask: “Where is God in the midst of my or someone else’s suffering?”  If we pray about it, we will probably come to realize  at that very moment when we think this world is falling apart,  we will find Jesus on the cross holding it all together.
-Alyssa '13

No comments:

Post a Comment