Friday, March 23, 2012

Wednesday of the Fourth Week of Lent



          I had some difficulty coming up with something to write for Royal Reflections this week. Nothing was flowing and I hadn’t found anything inspiring that I wanted to pass on to everyone. Then I realized maybe my lack of inspiration was something to write about. It has been about four weeks since Ash Wednesday, maybe five I’m not quite sure, but either way it has been a long time. I know I miss some of the things I gave up for Lent and I’m sure most people do by this point. The enthusiasm I had on Ash Wednesday is long gone and I’m feeling a little worn out.  
          Then I remember that Easter is in about two and a half more weeks, and Easter Break comes even sooner than that. This is the home stretch of Lent, a chance to reflect on the graces God has given us so far and renew our promises as we near the end of this holy season. I think the gorgeous weather we’ve had this week, especially considering its only March, is a reminder of this. Spring is here, Easter only a little ways a ways, so don’t give up hope yet. Our Lenten journey is almost through, but there is still much good we can take from this time.
-Katie R ‘13

No comments:

Post a Comment